San Jose’s Best Violent Crimes Attorneys
Over the last few years, the State of California has moved to reduce the seriousness of several sections of its Penal Code by passing Proposition 47 and Proposition 57. California also recently reformed the “Three Strikes” statute. While there has been a general trend towards lessening the severity of punishment for drug cases and other “non-violent” offenses, perhaps not surprisingly, California has taken the opposite approach when it comes to crimes of violence.
Almost any felony involving the use of a firearm can trigger California’s “10-20-Life” enhancement. Any felony involving a use of a weapon or serious injuries to the victim triggers other serious felony enhancement. Most crimes involving violence carry potentially lengthy prison sentences. Judges are very reluctant to offer alternative sentences like electronic monitoring or community for crimes of violence.
With over 70 years of combined criminal law experience, VIB Law is the largest and most successful criminal defense firm in Northern California. We have the experience and expertise to help you or a loved one with even the most serious matter. Our firm has successfully defended the following violent crime charges:
- Homicide, Murder, and Manslaughter (PC 187)
- Assault with Force Likely to Produce Great Bodily Injury (PC 245(a)(4))
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon (PC 245(a)(1))
- Assault with a Firearm (PC 245(a)(2))
- Criminal Threats (PC 422)
- Vehicular Manslaughter (PC 192(c))
- Domestic Violence (PC 273.5)
- Kidnapping (PC 207)
- False Imprisonment (PC 236/PC 237)