San Jose’s Best Domestic Violence Attorneys
Being arrested for domestic violence is enough to completely turn your life upside down. The first few days after a domestic violence arrest are critical in terms of gathering evidence, interviewing potentially helpful witnesses, and preparing a strong defense against the charges. If you are facing domestic violence charges in Santa Clara County, contact our San Jose domestic violence lawyers to ensure that your legal rights are protected.
Unfortunately, too many domestic violence attorneys tell new clients that they should adopt a “wait and see” approach, which means they do nothing until the actual court date. And clients often hope that the arrest is just a misunderstanding that will clear up on it’s own, so they also decide the best action is to wait and see. The passive approach is a big mistake. You need a defense attorney now.
By hiring one of our expert attorneys early on in the process, we may be able to present evidence to the DA’s office that was ignored or overlooked by the investigating officer. This early intervention can be critical in terms of whether or not charges are filed. We can meet with you to discuss how best to mitigate your case. We can advise you on issues such as how to gather character letters, whether it is a good idea to take anger management classes or get in couples counseling, and how to prepare for court.
The Domestic Violence Experts
- Aggressive – We take a fierce, client-centered approach to each of our domestic violence cases.
- Proactive – We try to intervene on your behalf with the DA’s office before charges are even filed, unlike other firms that take a “wait and see” approach.
- Experienced – Our team of talented defense attorneys have more than 70 years of combined criminal law experience.
- Passionate – We completely dedicate ourselves to protecting the future and freedom of our clients.
- Award Winning – We are one of the Bay Area’s top rated criminal defense firms.