San Jose’s Best Sex Crime Attorneys
Rape. Child Molestation. Indecent Exposure. Just being accused of a sex crime this serious can turn your life upside down. But where to get help? Sadly, most law firms either don’t have the experience to handle criminal charges of this nature or fail to put out their best effort due to the stigma surrounding sex offenses.
That’s unfortunate. False or mistaken accusations can and do happen. That’s why it’s so important to get tough, aggressive, and experienced help as soon as possible. In fact, the first few days after being arrested for a sex crime are critical in terms of gathering evidence, interviewing potentially helpful witnesses, and preparing a strong defense. If you’ve been accused of a sex crime in Santa Clara County, contact our San Jose sex crime lawyers to ensure that your legal rights are protected.
Why choose VIB Law?
- Sex Crime Experts – VIB partner Riccardo Ippolito literally wrote the book on how defense attorneys should handle these cases. His book, Strategies for Defending Sex Crimes, lays out his strategies for preparing the best possible defenses to these charges. That’s why he’s considered a statewide sex crime expert in California.
- Tough – We take a fierce, client-centered approach to each of our sex offense cases.
- Proactive – We investigate your case thoroughly and, whenever possible, intervene on your behalf with the DA’s office before charges are even filed.
- Experienced – Our team of talented defense attorneys has more than 70 years of combined criminal law experience.
- Passionate – We completely dedicate ourselves to protecting the future and freedom of our clients.
- Award Winning – We are one of the SF Bay Area’s top rated criminal defense firms.
Penalties for Sex Crimes in California
California’s sex crime laws have serious, potentially life-altering consequences. That’s why you need the most experienced, aggressive, and competent criminal defense attorneys on your side as early as possible.
- Prison Sentence – Most sex crimes carry a mandatory prison sentence. Some of these crimes even carry the potential of life in prison.
- Lifetime Registration as a Sex Offender – All sex crime charges require mandatory sex offender registration and a minimum of one year of sex offender treatment programming.
- Permanent Damage to your Reputation – Charges of this type pose extreme risk to your career and financial livelihood.
- Deportation – Many sex crime crimes are “removable offenses,” meaning you can lose your current legal status in the United States or be deported.